Skip to main content

Grace for the Race

Hello and thank you for stopping by Triumphant in Christ, my desire is that from every post you read here, you will be imparted with truth and faith stirred up in your heart. Today, I want to share with you something I have learnt about purpose,  and it is Grace for the Race.




Firstly, I want you to look at the word GRACE as God-in your RACE. Every person is created by God with a purpose in mind, that purpose is their personal race. Whatever your purpose is, it is the Race you have been called to run. But how do you run this race? The scripture below from Zechariah 4:6, explains that the race cannot be done by your strength, this is not like a 5K race you run to raise fund, that is a good course, but that is not the race I'm referring to. Here, I'm  talking about the race of your life, finding and fufilling your purpose. 

Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.
Zechariah 4:6 NASB

I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise nor wealth to the discerning nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 NASB


The race you are called to run, requires Grace, which is God in your race. It is also important to understand that there is an appointed time for whatever your race is. If you are set to run a physical race, you don't start until you hear the whistle indicating GO. Same as your purpose,  even when you have discovered what God would have you do, you need to wait on him for the right timing. Ecclesiastes 9:11, explains how time and chance is important in life race. If you run a good race at the wrong time, you will miss the reward, you would have wasted your energy. When you are in  God's timing and agreement with God's purpose for your life, that is time and chance happening for you.

By God's Spirit, you can discern the time and chance-race you are called to run. We all are expected to run without breaking our ranks, run with focus (Joel 2:7), and those who run by God's spirit will run like mighty men, they shall climb walls like men of war, they shall march everyone on his way, and they shall not break their ranks. We need to run our race with patience, never to be in a hurry to get to the end.Heb. 12:1


Sometimes, we feel like doing what others are doing, but what if that is not the race you are called to run? The danger in doing this, is that you loose the reward for the race. Also, dont just run your race, but run with the goal of making it to the finishing line. For the reward is only received at the end, when we see Him ( Jesus) face to face. 

In running the race, certain things we need to keep in mind.

1)God called us into the race, and it can not be achieved by human power.

2)We have an example-- Christ Jesus, according to Hebrews 12:1, we should look unto Jesus, he should be our example in all situation.

3) We must run with patience, we should not run apart from God and His word, we need to run with His word. Revelation is important, but what we need to do after each revelation is not to build but to listen and be patient, there is much more.

4) Run with focus on your God given vision, do not run other men's race, run your race. Joel2:7

5)Run with temperance,self control. put your flesh under, remember it is a race that you can only run in the spirit and by the Spirit. it is not by power, nor by might(flesh), but by the Spirit of God.

But I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:27 NASB


As one called of God, we need run with focus, the God given vision is the race we are called to run, it is an individual affair. Run that you may obtain, run till you see the Lord's face. Some men did run but did not see his face, they did not obtain because they did not run their race. Every man has a race he's being called to run. So run yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triumphant One

One who triumph is a Victor or a Conquest, a Conqueror. this connotes the idea of one who has gone into battle and finished on a victorious note. He did not just win, but has also gathered spoil, therefore, he is a notable success. Isn't it interesting that the Scriptures calls us conquerors. According to Romans 8vs37, Apostle Paul wrote by the Holy Ghost that we (who have believed in God by the sacrifice of Jesus) are more than conquerors through Christ(the Anointed one and His Anointing) who has loved us. As long as we remain in Christ, all battles are as good as won, for by his death, burial& Resurrection, he spoiled he spoiled principalities and power, and made a public show of them"(Colossians 2 vs 15). By his sacrifice, we are guarranted victory in All things.  

Favour as a Shield

Psalms 5:12, says the Lord will surround the righteous with favour as with a shield. Who doesn't like to be favoured? Surely I want to be favoured,  and I guess you are just like me.  When I first read this scripture, what came to mind was how can I be qualified for this favour? How can I become righteous? My human nature told me I had to be perfect, I thought of all the dos and donts I have learnt growing up, but none of this made me righteous.  But the Holy Spirit reminded me of 2Corinthians 5:21, which says God made him (Christ) who knew no sin, to be sin on our behalf, so that we (you and I) may become the righteousness of God. Really? Absolutely Yes! Jesus became sin so that I can be made God's righteousness.  If I have been made God's righteousness by his death and resurrection, it will require his death and resurrection to be undone before I can loose my righteousness then. Praise God that his work can never be undone. By that one sacrifice of Jesus,

Why does He Speak?

Hello welcome to Triumphant in Christ and thank you for stopping by. My desire is that every post you read here will impart truth on your heart and stir up faith within you for more of God. I will love to read from you too, so please leave a comment after reading. Let's hit the road on this...... Have you ever been faced with situations beyond you just after a promise from God? And maybe you have asked "why does the Lord even speak? " why does he reveal things in visions? Some times, we receive word of prophecy from God, and just after the word, something happens and it looks like what is happening is contrary to what the Lord has said. When the Lord speaks, it is not for the feelings,  rather it is for the happenings, the things that will happen between the time he spoke and the time of fulfillment. When the Lord speaks or reveal things, it is because he wants us to be able to stand and not lose trust in him when life happens. “These things I have spoken to y